View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #14
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Timothy, you've inspired me to action.

Found the 3M adhesive spray at Home Depot this afternoon and did three interior pieces... the plastic and vinyl bits to the left and right of the cubby holes below the radio, and the oddments tray lid.

It was easy!

I already feel like the interior of my old boxster got an upgrade. Next, I'll tackle a door.

BTW, I didn't take pix, but I will say that I removed the vinyl so I wouldn't have "fat" pieces that didn't fit well. As one removes the vinyl, it's important to leave as much of the foam on the plastic piece so the leather has some padding on it. My vinyl was so old that it came off the foam nicely.

Good deal! Yeah, I just did those pieces on the sides of the upper center console myself. I also did the triangular carpeted pieces that fit just under and behind those as well as the two vinyl oval shapes on the lower center console on each side of the shift knob. My goal is the get the carpet back to the floorboard and leather from the floor up. It'll take some time. I'm considering getting a sewing machine so I can do some strategic stitched seams.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote