View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
edevlin

"A bigger intake and exhaust will help the car breath better but I wouldn't do it just for the sound. All though it is nice."

I added the intake and exhaust to try to squeek out a few more hp out of my base boxster. The result was a few more hp, but also great sound, not loud, but great, especially at higher rpms. I was not really expecting the change in the sound over the stock system. My mechanic then explained that most of the folks he did intake and exhaust mods for were doing it for the sound, and not performance.

BTW, I just got back from watching a track day at Richmond International Raceway today (1.5 hrs away from my front door). Looked like hundreds of great Porsches were swarming around. Seemed like most were running highly modded exhaust systems. When the occasional GT3 or Turbo went down the track with stock exhaust, it sounded sorta like a loud wispher in comparison.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote