View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:04 AM   #12
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Are you talking about sound or wind?

Between the engine and the stereo, other noise (ie wind noise) is a non-issue.

But, the perforated Rollbar inserts do a considerable job of actually blocking the wind.

My wife HATES any kind of wind. She won't even open the Moonroof of the Jag on the Freeway.

So for me, she's the ultimate barometer.

With the windstop fully installed (center and side sections), she says that it's tolerable. If the side sections are removed, she has a kniption!

So, I'd have to say, by judging her reaction, that they make a significant difference.
I agree. I actually would like to be able to run without the mesh inserts, and have for a long time because I like the look without them installed, as I have painted seat coat hooks in the back of my seats, but after driving a whole summer season without the mesh inserts, I've noticed a lot of wind turbulence at high speeds that blows through. It doesn't so much bother me, as the wind during the summer is warm anyway, but annoys my wife, whose hair gets blown everywhere. With the mesh inserts installed, the wind is much calmer in the cabin at speed.

I will say, however, that both my seat and the passenger seat is positioned so that they are at the lowest position, so there is a large gap from the top of the seat to the roll bar that air will get through. I can see how if you have the seat positioned higher (up to the top of the roll bar), that the seat itself will block some of the air getting through to the cabin.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote