View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 05:30 AM   #14
CT986S

In the last car club I was involved with we had a "paintless dent removal" person come to our tech sessions. I had a 2 inch dent removed from right behind the PAX door of my Miata for $50. That area is all compound curves and has no access whatsoever. He had to drill a small hole in the door jamb, which he sealed and then plugged, and no one including me (more than 30 people saw before and after 45 minutes later) could find where the dent was. If you get the right person it is almost worth the $ to watch them work - the word "wizard" is fitting.
Through a couple of years the dry-ice trick as well as the tri-angular suction cup thingy were tried by various members, and neither worked well. The dry-ice made them better, but didn't get rid of it, although I don't know whether the people that tried it were on aluminum or steel. Time after time the paintless dent repair person got the dents out.
I would suggest to you that you may want to try to set up something similar with a local club if they don't already have it, it worked GREAT for me, and saved big dollars.
Good luck.
Kevin
CT986S is offline   Reply With Quote