View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 AM   #15
JackG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
But, what's with the setup you admit to? Why do you feel a need to do that? I guess I don't see where that's very helpful at all. If you know someone's info is incorrect, why don't you just say so?
It wasn't intentional. I didn't understand your test, and my initial questions were so I could try to figure out what the test was, and how it might work. I'm the first to admit I don't know everything, so I was curious.

It was only after that I thought my first post might come across as being a setup, so that's why I said that it might be a bit, and apologized for it. Nothing personal at all.

There could possibly be a way to use a DMM to figure out which amplifier leads is positive by measuring a signal, but I can't imagine a way for that to work. Certain amplifier designs have the negative lead going to ground, and that could be measured using the resistance scale of a DMM, but that doesn't work for all amps, and that's not the test you mentioned.

If you can remember where you read about it, please let me know. I'm genuinely interested in how they're doing this.
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote