View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua6060
I just came from autozone, pepboys and napa, I asked each of them did they have an ALum. Seal Ring or a Crush Ring for a 2001 Boxster, each of them had no idea what I was asking them for and said they wouldn't have it for a Porsche anyway.

Lil Bastard, with these measurements for a 2001, do you have an idea of the part name that they might recognize along with the measurements - A18 x 24mm

And another thing, when I was in Napa, I asked if they had any more Mobile 1 0W - 40 oil, and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, this car calls for 5W - 40 oil.....any thoughts????
Yea, they're not likely to have a computer listing for Porsche. At NAPA, they carry it as Oil Drain Plug Gasket, Part# BK 7041974, Product Line: Balkamp. I buy my filter kits online from Pelican and these contain both the crush washer and the O ring for the Filter cannister.

So far as the proper weight MB1, see if you have a local Mobil distributor listed in the yellow pages. They will often have a Will-Call desk and sell to the Gen'l Public, at a considerable saving. Last time I bought mine, it cost $3.85/qt. (case price) at the local distributor. Not only cheaper, but they carry the proper weight.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote