View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #35
Dragonwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade
Do you think it added some power or just a louder sound? Also, how much did it set you back for parts and installation? Thx, Jon
The headers are what added the power, the exhaust maybe a little. The resonance is right up there. After the EVO install the intake is very aggressive sounding too and actually helped cut some of the muffler resonance a tiny bit (noticed it right away).

The Maxspeed muffler is going to give you a resonance sound like some of the more expensive mufflers so it is a good way to see if you can tolerate it without breaking the bank. However, I spent a lot on having Musante Motorsports put it back together because I ran into sheered off bolts in the block, broken taps and some other nightmare problems. They ended up putting studs into the block, attached the headers, fixed up the reset of the exhaust and put the car back together. After all was said and done it set me back $1300. Those guys build Porsche race cars so I didn't mind spending money with them. Great folks.
Chris