View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #37
renzop

MNBOXX - I was just talking about lowering springs by themselves not coilovers or a designed complete suspension systems and I was talking about street driving. In general race trackes are much smoother then regular streets so you can go to much higher spring rates without bottoming (as long as you also go to much higher damping forces as well).

I disagree with your comment about the more camber the better. There is a balance between more negative camber and better cornering performance and too much neg camber and poor braking and acceleration. In general once you get beyond 2 degrees negative on drive wheels you start to give up acceleration grip and more than 3 degrees neg on non driven axles and you give up braking performance and stability under braking. YMMV

My comments were not meant for someone like you but for people who are only thinking about the looks of their lowered cars and are not aware of the compromises they may be making to the fine street handling and ride that Porsche developed for the Boxster.

Regards,
Alan
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote