View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #27
Gary in BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny986
thats actually kinda of soft, and the range is interesting. i'm not too family with boxster spring setup, but is the 200lb difference front to rear normal?

From looking at other coil over setups most do not have spring rates this high most are in the 200 - 300 range.

i have 400s up front and 550 in the back. i also have a dual spring setup, so its actually a bit higher than that.

i also have higher canister pressures up front than out back. by about 100lbs i think.
my ride is very comfy.
are you on 19s? go back to 18s if so. what is your exact setup now? and describe how the car rides.

I am going to ride on my OEM 17s for a week and see how it feels, that way I can decide if its the coil overs or the low profile rims.

and by porpoising. do you mean that under acell, the front end seems to lift up? if so, i think our cars just do that.

Porpoising may not be the term, I read it a few places and it is close to describing what I have going on. When I hit a dip in freeway the rear of the car feels as if it lifts off the ground, and once I know for a fact it did. If I hit a bump the same thing happens it feels as if the rear of the car is near coming off the ground.

AS far as any other driving the car is just fine, firm but thats what I wanted, al I want to solve is the rear end feeling, When I drove with the 19s and OEM struts and Elbachs I don't recall ever feeling this.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote