View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #9
gstoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I bought a set of LED taillights assemblies. These appear to be OEM but have built in LED lights in the running lights and the brake lights. The blinkers and reverse lights are stock bulbs.
What do you mean "These appear to be OEM"? They are OEM and someone replaced the regular bulbs with leds, or they just look like OEM?

Quote:
These LED assemblies are very bright. They are much brighter than anything I have seen on the road. I wish there was a way to show everyone how bright these are.
IMHO leds cannot be as bright as regular bulbs. They have many other advantages, but brightness is not one of them. Since, you have replaced your interior and some of the exterior lights, you might have noticed that color and warmth of the leds is much mcuh better, but brightness... I wouldn't say so... It may be that, because leds can be directional, with a good design of the lights the result to look better. But generally leds are less bright than normal bulbs.

Quote:
From my research on LED lights for our cars there are 2 full assemblies made the one I have that looks OEM and another one that to me looks like the Carrera GT lights. Ebay has them both for sale. The other lights are not as bright as mine....how do I know? I have a set of them also.

So after this long post my opinion is if you want Bright LED lights and an OEM look get the LED assembly like mine. If you want LEDS as bright as stock and a different look. Get the other set.
Can you report on the led lights you tried? Send the ebay link or the name of the company that sells them. Which are the bright ones and which are not?

Thank you

George
gstoli is offline   Reply With Quote