View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #17
thenavarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcporsche99
Hey Eric,

I sent you the pdf of the DIY for a 3.4.

Hey Mike,

Anything to report on the 3.2 swap?? Has the swap already been completed?? I would be interested to get your thoughts on it.

DCPorsche99 and Victoreric,

Yep, the swap has been completed. A nice upgrade that I would definitely recommend. Car has a lot more oommppphhhhh, especially noticeable from about 3500-5500 RPM. From standing still, until you hit 3,000 RPM or so, I don't really notice that much of a difference, but everything above that range is a DEFINITE large difference. I haven't tested the top speed limit of the motor yet, but I never tested that either with the 2.7.

According to my installer, it was a simple swap, nothing complex. I am still using the same 5 speed transmission. I did install a new clutch kit. I can't speak to the life expectancy of the tranny as I've only had it now for about a month. My dealer didn't think that a 6 speed was necessary and actually indicated that the 5 speed would make it more fun to drive. As a 2.7, the car was a lot of fun, but now its so much better as a 3.2. It's not just me that notices the difference as my routine passengers have all commented on the increase in power.

I do have a CEL, it throws codes of P1128 & P1130, but doesn't seem to affect performance. This probably means I need to clean my MAF sensor, or it could be related to my having installed Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes. Either way, doesn't bother me and can't see that it's causing any issues with the car. One of these days I'll get around to cleaning the MAF and see if that fixes it.

My 3.2, which included a years warranty on parts AND labor, cost me $5200.00 delivered if I remember correctly from Silver Star and no core was required.

Buy the most power you can afford!!! Good luck in your decision.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote