View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #17
kodabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Sixter
Altho I've read about it I've not personally heard that "Not A Real Porsche" crap about Boxsters, but certainly a lotta folks in the 914 community have. There is even a NARP website and 914 Team NARP.

I agree that the Boxster has in its lineage Porsche #1, the 904, and the 914. It really bugs me that Porsche would like to have people forget it. Ever seen a mid-engine factory commemorative with the 914 or -6 included?

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the board, just bought a 2000 boxster S about a month ago.

Porsche did commemorate the 914. They even released an official 1:43 scale model, and a factory pin, and poster. This was for the 30 jahre 914 reunion back in the mid 1990's. I don't think the stigma is Porsche's fault as much as the snobby 911 die hards who can't get over themselves.

As for the argument that boxsters, or 914,944,928 etc. are not real porsches, that's total bunk, my 86 944T was a much better car in both performance and comfort than my 87 carrera was. And my when I was looking for a new car I looked at 996's and decided on the boxster S because in my opinion it handled better and is more fun to drive. The price difference was not a factor.

Regards,

Jon
kodabear is offline   Reply With Quote