View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
wanna986

2.2 turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE3racing
Who cares what they think? I heard it a lot more when I owned a 944. If you really feel the need to argue you might mention the heritage of the 550 Spyder, one of the most successful race car designs in Porsche history. As for the 911 crowd, just exactly where is the engine in the incredible performing RS Spyder? here's a hint dinosaurs it's not hung out over the ass of the rear wheels. In the end it doesn't matter to me. Many Americans judge sports cars by 0-60 and 1/4 mile, period. I remember Dodge had an ad way back when for one model they touted as faster to sixty than a Porsche 944, really! Hey Cochise, exactly what happened to the Dodge vehicle when the speedo swept past eighty? better yet, how did the Dodge do in the corner against the lowly 944? Either you get Porsche and love it or you don't. My pal just bought the Malibu and thinks it will cream the 2.5 Boxster and so it continues...
The Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser twins made that claim.

I believe, however, their claim was to 50. I think 50 mph was used partly because of the old national 55 mph speed limit and partly because, after 50, they took their time in visiting the rest of the speedo...
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote