View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
Benny986

did you get the same size tire that you had before?

the sumis are not a great tire, but they are not horrific either, and you should be able to drive at least within your limits on them.

check pressures. if they are too high and to a lesser extent if they are too low. it will be a bit un-nerving.

and yes, they will take a little while to scrub in.

what kind of tires do you have up front? if you have a really grippy front tire, with these on the rear, that would exaggerate the issue.

FWIW, i recently put on new tires. the fronts got lots wider. and i didn't get my full set of spacers yet, so i was spaced way out up front, and not in the back, and my toe was still way off, in the rear. but the car drove just fine on my old tires so i didn't bother with the toe yet.

with the new tires. re01-r, which is a GREAT tire BTW. the back end was all kinds of unstable.

i put the full set of spacers on front and rear, and i changed the toe by 1/8 per side. its super stable now. before driving at 70+ was a little sketch and the back end felt like it was about to whip out at any time. i was at 1/16 out on each side, for a total of 1/8th out. which is A LOT! but i was playing with settings to get the back end to be able to come around for autox. I am now 1/8 total toe in.

follow the advice above, but just know that alignments make a big deal. and always try to have matched tires front and rear.

GL.
Benny
Benny986 is offline   Reply With Quote