View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #9
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua6060
Yeah the Boxster is putting a hit on the wallet right now, so i'm just trying to watch the dollars when I know the hits are coming back to back.

I am unaware of the car ever being hit, I purchased it as a Certified Pre Owned Porshe and I checked the car fax report(I know that provides little assurance but thats the facts)

If you have a warm garage and a powerful light you can do some self detective work. Look for any evidence of overspray on vents, molding, fender wells. Look across the paint for any tiny scratches that filler leaves behind. Look at the seams of the panels, make sure they have the same spacing, an example would be the hood line seams to the fender. Look for anything that is asymmetrical from one side to the other, compare the fender liners, and so fourth. The more you know the easier it may be to track down the issue, it's like being a detective, a process of elimination. Even if it has been hit, it's not the end of the world, but knowing it will assist you in deciding what to rule out. good luck, with patience and determination Ii know you will get it sorted out. My car originally had sport classics on it, some guy talked the dealer into swapping his turbo twists in a deal, I had to have my wheels trued and corrected as three were slightly bent, it's part of the reason I chromed them. You can sort out most any car all it takes is determination and a fat wallet.

Last edited by EE3racing; 02-16-2008 at 03:56 PM.