View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 05:35 AM   #40
Sloan

helpful comments

Thank you all for your input. Let me briefly respond to a few specific comments (in no particular order).

Super66 - I did not mean to say the G35 and 987 interiors looked the same, only that, to my eye, the 986 felt/looked more Porsche, the 987 trending more to the Japanese style - not that there is anything inherently wrong with that, just that my preference was perhaps more 'old school'.

mikefocke - you have excellent options, almost all of which I agree with & would like to have (though I've used the heated seats in my current car only a handful of times - remember I'm in South Florida - the land of eternal heat). I had not heard that the Boxster's Bose system is so poor - the one in my current car is good (not great, but quite good) and I've learned from my own personal experiences that if I can avoid having to install a bunch of aftermarket stereo equipment, I'd like to. Is mikefocke's rather negative opinion of the Bose system widely held? Anyone else want to weigh-in on that?

racer_d - I would not buy the Anniversary edition with any fantasy that it would actually appreciate in value, I do like them though (asthetics and standard 'options') and would hope that if I did get one, it might not depreciate as much as a 'standard' car over the 6-8 years I am likely to own it. That said, I have not found any on the market right now that are under consideration, and neither car I want to see this coming weekend is the special edition.

Finally, a clarification addressing the price comments - I am not seriously looking at any 986 S' for $35k or more (they are all less - like asking $32k and change) I just said I would spend that much or a bit more for my 'perfect' car, and I guess I meant a really exceptional 986 S or a 987, but as I mentioned, I've only seen one 987 S under $40k, and as of yesterday, a day after husker boxster gave me that lead, it's gone ...

Last edited by Sloan; 02-14-2008 at 05:39 AM. Reason: clarification
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote