View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #38
hjkim550

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_d

Not to rain on all "550 Anniversary" fans, but it seems to me, over the years, the only Porsches that seem to "gain in value" in 20 years are those who have a genuine performance advantage vs the regular model.. and usually have a lighterweight (ie RSA, Clubsport, RS type models).

At this point in time, I would not buy ANY boxster with thoughts of value appreciation.
I agree racer_d,

I do not think that my 550 Anniversary will hold its value any more than any other 04 Boxster S. As you know, over a thousand of these were sold in the US in 2004, out of a production run of 1953. (not a very limited limited edition ) The difference between the stock Boxster S and the 550 Anniversary is so miniscule. 6 HP difference, spacers for a wider stance, short shifter and lowered ride height. The main reason why I bought mine was due to meticulous maintenance and right price.

Sloan..... looks like you are getting excellent cars for very nice prices. You know what I paid for mine. Make your purchase, get out there and post some pictures.