View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #35
Sloan

thank you mikefocke

TO: mikefocke. I appreciate your thoughtful responses, and I already did as you advised and expanded my search. I stand corrected, in that in a literal sense there are 'hundreds' of Boxsters for sale, however when I narrow back down to ones I would actually want, not so many. I think I have a decent idea of the price ranges - I've been searching for long enough now that I have a sense of what is 'right', the possible exception being the value of some of the more obscure options, and whether the 2004 550 special editions are worth the premium many of their sellers seem to think they should command.

Thank you as well for the information on Pedro's garage. He is very local to me, so that could be an excellent resource.

I am hoping to get out to look at at least two cars this coming weekend - the 2003 S with about 20k miles, 18" wheels w/ NEW tires, Tiptronic & Bose (but no PSM) that I mentioned a few posts ago, and a 2004 base with 8k, Bose, Tip. (again, no PSM) that looks absolutely spotless. Asking for the 2003 S is 32.5 (I got the sense they would take $30k) and asking for the 2004 is $28.6k. I will report back on my findings if I make it up to see both of them.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote