View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 05:09 AM   #28
Sloan

thanks for the input

In answer to the questions: it will be a daily driver, but really just for fun, as my "commute" is about four blocks if I take the car at all. I will likely keep the car for 6-8 years - and it will be pampered and garage kept, with covered parking when I do drive to work. Color does matter: Speed Yellow or silver being first choices, would consider grey or red - others are out. As far as how far over $35k - not much, perhaps $37.5 for the 'perfect' car, but that's it - I need to leave some margin for tax, tags, title, etc..

I would much prefer Tiptronic, but will consider manual - traffic here can be terrible, and after having had an automatic for the first time with my present vehicle, I will admit that it has been a pleasure.

If you see how long I've been looking, you'll know I'm NOT rushing this, but I'll admit my patience is growing thin - as mikefocke observed, I've missed almost a YEAR of fun since I started this search. I will look outside the immediate area, but not countrywide.

Why (as of last night when I posted) was I leaning towards the 986S? Since I want Tip., I think the extra torque of the larger motor will be appreciated, I slightly prefer the styling of the 986S, all the 'goodies' that come with the S, and, as boko mentioned long ago, I will always be asked, "did you get the 'S'" ... (and in my heart, I worry that if I don't, I'll regret it.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote