View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #27
hjkim550

Sloan,

I have to agree with Fatmike. I just recently went through the same dilemma that you are going through right now. I had to choose between 05 987 vs. 04 986S Silver Anniversary Edition. I test drove endless number of Boxsters.... there are a lot of choices out there.... do not be hasty, do not get smitten with the one ride.

I could not tell the difference in feel (straight line acceleration) between the standard 987 and 986S. However, the 986S was meticulously maintained with low miles (28 K) and felt so much better.... crisper turn in with the ease of the short-shifter. In the end, I chose the 2004 986S Silver Anniversary, it is nice and low to the ground and the spacers fill out the fenders.

I was able to haggle down to 33.5K from the initial price of 37.9K. The seller was easily agreeable.... so I always wonder if I should have pushed for a lesser price?

Anyways... in one short summer I have pushed the Boxster to 31K and cannot stop smiling

I am a newbie but IMHO.... get a carfax history, PPI (a must from someone you trust) then go with your instincts. No matter what you choose, it is going to be a good one. Most importantly, have fun with your new ride