View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
hjkim550

Desnorkeling for 2004 and beyond?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the board as you can see. I am new to Boxster ownership as well. Your site has been informative, helpful and fun to read.

I have a few questions... I just took ownership of a 2004 Boxster S Silver Anniversary edition. I been reading your various mods on the forum. I just spent 30 mins trying to desnorkle my Boxster (very simple initial step). I was able to remove the grill and the tabs without a problem. I then encountered a flush fitting rubber boot and a mesh netting that I could not remove. The rubber boot had 3 tabs that were easily pulled out but it seemed to be cemented to the opening of the intake.

I removed the wire mesh netting but could not see a snorkle. I knew that the snorkle should be a black plastic piece with a lip or a cup on the bottom.

Two possibilities: 1. previous owner already desnorkled. (unlikely, he prided himself in keeping things stock.... babied his porsche, no autocrossing... etc) 2. Boxsters 2004 and beyond does not have the snorkle? or a different shaped snorkle?

Your experience will be much appreciated. thanks

Hyung