View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
Houston C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve00s
For normal driving, say keeping RPM's below 4,000, there isn't much of a sound difference between "loud" mode and "quiet" mode. That is the beauty of this exhaust system and what keeps resonance so low. At 6,000 RPM, now thats a different story.

I disagree. There is quite a lot of difference. But it's a pleasant difference -- not obnoxious at all.

Steve is right in that it really starts sounding great at the higher revs. 4,200 it starts getting good. 5,000 on up start thinking Carrera GT -- not Boxster.

To me, however, it does sound a little congested at WOT and above, say, 6,500 rpm. As if it's blowing through some more cats and baffles than it ought to (which it is).

Have you seen the new Borla system? Not much restriction there! I don't know about sound and you can't switch it into quiet mode, but...

All the best,

- Mark

PS: If Steve has the factory system as installed by the factory, it will close the valves from about 10 to about 45 or 50 mph for Euro noise requirements and that may be why he said it was not much different. Unplug the vacuum lines for the easy way to hear it always in loud mode (do plug the ends and secure them up out of the way, though).
Houston C4S is offline   Reply With Quote