View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #9
yjm3

I have not driven any boxsters yet. I am planning on 2003+ (but would consider a great deal on an '02) S for certian.

I am interested because I have heard that a porsche is a "natural progression" , if you will, from BMW's. Similar in feel, but more precision all around.

I have looked at other cars, but have not been impressed. clk amg, g35, 350z, E46 M3 just don't do it for me.

My M, though older, has great, predictable road manners, but can go all out when it is opened up. It has an awesome ability to put its power on the pavement really efficently. I only have about 280hp, 250? torque, but have ran with almost every car out there without a problem. It handles awesome as well. Refined, but raw as well when modded.

If the porsche has some rawness to it (or can be modified to be so), it seems I would really like it. I naturally assume its handeling characterics are excellent from every review I have read. I'm not looking for all out straight line speed, but do want it to be pretty quick. From the numbers, I'm assuming the S is no slouch, but have no idea of real world day to day life in one.

As owners, what do you guys think? What, if any mods, have you done and their outcomes?

also, interesting to note one of you guys could not fit a passenger and a towel in the pass compartment!

Thanks in advance
yjm3 is offline   Reply With Quote