View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Kurt W

Transmission Issues at end of Warranty

My car, a 2004 S 6 Spd, comes off warranty in March. Shortly after I bought it in Nov 07, it started to crunch (intermittently) in 2nd gear especially when cold. At the first visit to the dealer, in December, they adjusted the **************** linkage, which made no improvement. At the second visit, a couple of weeks ago, they replaced a shift coupler, 2nd gear, 2nd gear synchro and a host of other parts. They had the car for 1 1/2 weeks. It now shifts differently, better once warm, but still grinds and is very tricky to shift into 2nd without grinding, again when cold (mostly). On top of this, there is now a drip of gear oil coming from the shift linkage area at the transmission case (near the lever with the counterweight.) I'm not sure what to do, but clearly want to get this dealt with before coming off warranty. I've spoken to the service manager and shared my displeasure, but that was before I noticed the drip. Any thoughts on how to become a satisfied warranty customer in the next few weeks. I'm really surprised that they didn't replace the transmission like others I've heard about, but instead they chose to go into it.

Any suggestions on how to get this cleared up for good before warranty expires? Could use some tips for applying appropriate leverage and getting this corrected.
Tucson, AZ
Kurt W is offline   Reply With Quote