View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #18
Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjkim550
Hey, I am new to the site as you can see. Long before I bought my Boxster last year, I have been wanting to take a trip to drive the TOD. TOD looks like a blast. I am new to the Chicago area also and have not found any interesting drives around here (no real twisties).

How was your trip last year? Any concerns? I know I am not a F1 driver material but I am competent and can drive my Boxster to at least 9/10th without killing myself or endangering others. However, on Youtube, there are idiots crossing over the double yellow on blind corners and 18 wheelers taking up most of the road. Any hasseling from the local cops?

Sorry, too many questions. I am not trying to start a new thread. If I can arrange my schedule, you might see me there.... carvaning with the Chicago crew sounds fun.
Last years trip was awesome! It's like autocrossing for 11 miles and then you drive the Cherahola Skyway which is like a high speed autocross with an awesome view. The only concern is you have to drive safe and smart. This is not where you want to slide your tires and end up somewhere you're not suppose to be. It is definitely riskier than driving your daily commute but we didn't have any trouble last year. I don't remember seeing any cops but that isn't a gurantee. If I have as much fun as I did last year I'm not going to lose sleep in the event I get a speeding ticket (granted you don't spend much time at high speeds (I think the fastest I might have registered was 75 at one point and then it was quick on the brakes). As Tom from last year said before we started into the Dragon stay in your lane and be respectful and smart. We did this and didn't have any trouble. Even with a kajillion Minis last year we were hardly ever held up and even when we were I still enjoyed myself!
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote