Thread: Speaker issue
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
dcompress

Ironically I am not expecting to. I started on the whole mission a while back. I first installed a set of PNP rear speakers (great upgrade over no rear speakers). At the same time I put in a 6 channel amp from a 996 to power rear speakers as well as dash and door. Then I purchased new speakers for dash and doors. Put the dash speakers in (Infinity Kappa 42.7i) Big improvement. Then I started reading that replacing the doors with another set of 5 1/2s doesn't really help. You need to go to 6 1/2s and build yourself piece to hold them. I almost decided to not put in the new door speakers and leave the stock ones. But since I already had the new speakers (Infinity Kappa 52.7i) I figured I might as well give it a shot. Hopefully it will be a small improvement.

My final step is replacing the CDR-210 with a factory refurb CDR-220 I bought on EBay. (I wanted to keep a stock look). The reason for this swap was the ability to have the aux in for an ipod. I picked up an ipod cable that will plug into the aux in and charge as well as play. I got word it is shipping today!

I will try it that way for a summer. If I really think I need to upgrade the door speakers, it will be a next winter project.
dcompress is offline   Reply With Quote