View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 AM   #49
thenavarro

I might have the best of both worlds. I've got an 01 base, that has been upgraded to a 3.2 motor. I've got the bigger motor, but the 5 speed transmission.

I bought the base and had an absolute blast, but always found myself upgrading something. Suspension, interior appointments, etc. Was forced to do the biggest upgrade when my 2.7 spun a rod bearing. At that point, the cost was the same for a 2.7 or 3.2, so I opted for the additional horses and additional torque of the 'S". Couldn't be happier with that decision, granted, I would not have switched if I didn't have to, as I didn't miss what I hadn't experienced, but now that I have the bigger motor, I wish I had it from day one. The car has a lot more torque from 3,000 - 5,500 RPM or so, and that's the range I typically drive in so its suited better for me. I have not approached the top end speed of either the 2.7 or 3.2, so I can't comment on that aspect of it.

They are both brilliantly capable of putting a smile on your face, and both have limits higher than most people will be comfortable pushing, but in my experience, and I've had both engines, the 3.2 is more fun.

Good luck in your quest,

Mike Navarro
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote