View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #42
dabart

Diamonds

I have always answered this type of ? with the diamond formula..... I.E. From a distance most diamonds the same size look alike. But as you get closer you notice things like price, resale, and peace of mind. By peace of mind I mean, how you as the owner will always feel about that particular diamond. Or in this case that particular Porsche Boxster or maybe even an S. Both look great. Both perform great.
But.... If you bought a standard Boxster would you ever regret not buying an S instead?! I have always over bought when it came to cars. They almost alway out resale the lesser vehicle as does a diamond with a better color, cut, and clarity. Yes a better driver in a lesser car could out drive you if your skill didn't match his or hers's. But how often does that occur? Where? I drive 60 miles each day with my S and generally stick to the back twisties here. It's me and the S alone. When I make a mistake the S covers me on it. I'd like to think that the standard Boxster would do the same. But really I dont care because I purchased the S to satisfy my diamond formula. I also dont get pestered by those S2000 owners with license plates that say Boxster Bait. When im on the freeway they see the S on the back and avoid the spanking. So to conclude.... Think about diamonds when it comes to an S or not to S.... They look alike from a distance but.....
dabart is offline   Reply With Quote