View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #41
Jacques79

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_d
For daily street driving, simply get "the best one you can afford" and not get hung up on the "S/NonS" side of things.

Over the years, I have learned that DRIVER skill is way more important than a few HP or brake sizes. I have happily passed 911 drivers with my 100hp 914 at the track. I have happily passed 300hp 911s with my 200hp 911 and yes, I have happilly passed Boxster Ss with my base Boxster.

So.. buy the best Boxster you can afford to. If you have specific goals that would be rewarded by having more gears, bigger brakes (not necesarily better, just bigger), a 3rd radiator and a few more hp, then go for the S!
What's your point? And I bet a 1997 Protege with a better driver than you can pass you in a Boxster S. But does that mean that the Protege will be more fun to drive?

And what about Ferrari drivers. Why buy a Ferrari when a great driver in a Porsche can pass it on a tight track?

I'm tired of people saying that it's not worth getting the better car because X car can be faster on a race track with a superior driver. Duh...but that doesn't mean that you won't have more fun with the better car.

There's a big difference between the Boxster and the Boxster S. Unless you're trying to prove to people that you can be faster around a race track with a less powerful car, get the S if acceleration is important to you.
Jacques79 is offline   Reply With Quote