View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
gstoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_J
looks like there are guys in this thread doing the whole interior..might be worth following.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/15041-center-dome-light-led-possible-post133604.html#post133604
Yep... at least we try. I would suggest not buy leds from a porsche titled company though... They are extremely overpriced. I know because this is how I started. If you are really interested in doing it we can tell you what you need to buy and suggest an e-shop. I suggest that you buy all your leds from one (maybe two it depends on the color you will decide) so they all match.

Well, the problem is not the durability. Leds are known to last for thousands of hours. The installation is a bit of the problem the first time you do it (especially the AC). The main problem is that whatever you do is almost impossible to match your aftermarket headunit because the A/C LCD has a color itself, so the result is always a surprise.
My headunit has a purplish color (very nice) which I still try to match. Besides that the rest of the car looks amazing in UV though .
From my little experience i would suggest to go with red. Its nice, easy to find and you can match almost everything with it.
Anyway, that's my 0.02$ on the subject.
George
gstoli is offline   Reply With Quote