View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
Kirk

Personally I'd stay away from fiberglass for a front bumper. They're easy to repair, but too easy to get damaged in the first place. I'd lean more towards polyurethane, but then your options are more limited. Going OEM the MK1 GT3 bumper looks nice (I just bought one) and bolt right on. The standard OEM 996 bumper (99-01) is also a direct bolt-on. The 997 GT3 bumper that porsche986spyder got looks the best in my opinion. I'd wait to see what he says about the fit though as it's not OEM.

For the side skirts you have a lot of options, most all of which are figerglass. I don't see a big issue with fiberglass here though as long as you don't drive like an idiot.

You have almost zero options for the rear bumper. There are a few things out there, but few people seem to go that route for mods. The complete replacement bumpers I've seen are pretty pricey and hard to get a hold of. Gemballa makes a cheaper option (about $850) that covers the bottom part of the bumper for a different look. You can find that one on eBay.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote