View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #14
MidMotor2TrunkToter

I Bought my Stebro Racing Exhaust and Seconday Cat Bypass Pipes off of Ebay for $600 about 6 months ago. This was a Stebro Factory authorized auction. Shipping was an issue with this company and I had to e-mail them several times to get shipping info with absolutely no initial response from them. The exhaust was shipped to a shipping company located next to the closest airport to my home. I had to pick up the unit at their location. They would not deliver the unit to me. When I installed the exhaust, I was impressed upon initial startup! However, when I drove the car, the resonance between 2K-3K RPM was deafening. I drove the car for 3 days and developed a constant ringing in my ears. The sound up to 2K RPMS and after 3K RPMS was intoxicating but I could not stand the resonance and I did not want to wear ear plugs while driving. My reaction was to contact Stebro for a solution. I e-mailed Stebro they responded by saying they did not have a solution for me. They knew of no way to "fix" the resonance. I then ask if they would exchange the Racing Exhaust for their Sport Exhaust. Stebro responded by saying they would ship me a Sport Exhaust for $500 more (than the $600+shipping I had already spent) and I would have to pay the return shipping. I felt this was a rip-off, especially after they could offer no solution to fix a problem I consider to be a design flaw with their Racing System. I did not expect this from a company that designs exhaust systems for some of the world's finest automobiles. I decided to cut my losses and removed the Stebro Racing exhaust and replaced it with my old Factory Exhaust. I did leave the secondary cat bypass pipes on. Beware, if you are considering buying the Stebro Racing exhaust, understand that with the factory hardtop on, the 2k-3k RPM resonance is deafening. Additionally, with the softtop up, the resonance is hardly bearable. However, if you drive with the top always down or you can somehow manage to run the motor outside of the 2k-3k RPM range, your ears will be rewarded with a blessed sound......That is..... if you can still hear. :ah:
MidMotor2TrunkToter is offline   Reply With Quote