View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
vincesf

I have not yet warmed up to the new styling cues on the facelift, but that may change after the camoflage is removed. The droopy rear lights seem to be something Porsche is incorporating on its entire line-up, starting with the new Cayenne. Also notice the cover up at the rear of what probably will be diffusers, which will be a welcome addition to many. As for the 2 smaller lights in the rear bumper, I can't see that staying, but rather is something they tacked on for testing purposes. I also understand that the larger side mirrors are now mandatory in Europe and will probably come to the U.S. as well.
As for the front, the headlights look larger and shaped differently, and should be even more powerful. The Boxster's front end will look slightly different from the Cayman's, and more like what I have attached below. The facelift should be available by late summer/early fall of '08 as a MY '09. Many publications have stated that the big styling changes to the 987, possibly an all new 988, will come 2 years after the '09 facelift.
vincesf

Last edited by vincesf; 01-24-2008 at 06:44 AM.
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote