View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #19
vincesf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Lucky you - congrats! I ordered my Red/Black Boxster S on Nov. 5 and hope to have it in a month or so (Jan. build). And I'm like you - why keep waiting for something new...you'll wind up dying before you ever get the enjoyment!
Bob Z.:
I agree, as I was already 2 years without the car I really wanted. Everytime I saw a Boxster go down the road, I was kicking myself, and regretted ever selling my '06. It was painful waiting 5 months for delivery of my car, as 3 Porsche dealerships in the Bay Area refused to take my order for a Boxster S, and Carlen Porsche had a slot available for a November order on a December build. I would have gladly purchased the Limited Edition, which quite frankly is a much better deal, but I had to have guards red. I find with red, either people really like it, or dislike it, and of course I fall into the former rather than latter category. The choice of sand interior was a tough one. Black is classic and will hold up better, but I thought the sand interior looked sharp as well (see pic attached). What is not in the picture are the black Porsche floor mats that I substituted for the sand floor mats, and put in storage. Black mats will be a bit more bearable to maintain and go well with the other black pieces in the interior, as you can see with the interior picture of my former '06 Boxster S (bottom picture). I went with the aluminum center console to spice up the interior, which I believe the RS 60 will have as well. In short, it was what I wanted, and I really like the number of opportunities that Porsche gives you in personalizing your car. Albeit expensive options, but nevertheless options.
vincesf

Last edited by vincesf; 01-23-2008 at 12:32 PM.
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote