View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #16
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
I honestly would like to try these but really how much of a difference do these make? And what is the difference between the 1 bar and all 3 bars?
For daily driving I don't think you'd notice a difference, which probably is a good thing. The difference is with aggressive driving and track days. The lower stress bar was originally developed by Mantis Motorsports for their race Cayman. Insite on our board here picked one up, installed it on his 986, tracked it, and documented the improvements in the original post. Check out the first couple pages of the original post and you'll see some of these details.

Here's specifically what Mantis says about it on The Cayman Club:

"Designed to eliminate and reduce camber/toe change due to rear suspension mounting castings flexing. This caused by the fact that castings are only mounted to the chassis at the top. They are not connected at the bottom other than the aluminum transmission plate, now with a 1" bar between the two castings no more flexing. Also if you cannot adjust camber evenly, by twisting the stress bar heim ends , you can shift the castings side to side. The alignment guy will like that."

The side bars are just more of the same thing - strengthening and stiffening the suspension at the bottom. I don't have any track data though to quantify how much of a difference you get with the side bars.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote