View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkh
All those things are definitely planned for the near future. I bought this car recently from a dealer and have no idea when those maintenance items were last performed (car has 96K on it) although it runs really well and the oil doesn't appear dirty, but I know that I need to get it a proper tune-up and oil change soon.

Not trying to sound smart, but seriously how many times has your gas mileage improved by 5-6 mpg after an oil change or sparkplug change - unless it's obviously in dire need of new plugs, air filter, clean oil - in my case the car is otherwise functioning nearly perfectly. Very understandable if the car was missing, cutting out, stalling, smoking, etc. then I could see the tune-up and/or oil change being a possibile cause of lower mpg. No doubt the car would be improved by a tune-up/oil change but I'm not so sure it would account for what appears to me to be lower than normal mpg.

Thanks for the feedback - I needed that reminder and I will be changing plugs, filters, oil very soon as you recommended.
How many miles are on your car? It could also be the O2 sensors, as you mentioned, but first things first.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote