View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
dkh

All those things are definitely planned for the near future. I bought this car recently from a dealer and have no idea when those maintenance items were last performed (car has 96K on it) although it runs really well and the oil doesn't appear dirty, but I know that I need to get it a proper tune-up and oil change soon.

Not trying to sound smart, but seriously how many times has your gas mileage improved by 5-6 mpg after an oil change or sparkplug change - unless it's obviously in dire need of new plugs, air filter, clean oil - in my case the car is otherwise functioning nearly perfectly. Very understandable if the car was missing, cutting out, stalling, smoking, etc. then I could see the tune-up and/or oil change being a possibile cause of lower mpg. No doubt the car would be improved by a tune-up/oil change but I'm not so sure it would account for what appears to me to be lower than normal mpg.

Thanks for the feedback - I needed that reminder and I will be changing plugs, filters, oil very soon as you recommended.
dkh is offline   Reply With Quote