View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #19
boxster or briefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve00s
I have been driving on Falken Azenis RT-615's for the last year and they have been great autocrossing and at the track. I have also driven daily on them. Grassroots Motorsports magazine continually rates them as the best autocross tire. At non-Porsche events you see alot of them but I've yet to see them at a Porsche event. 225/17 in the front and 255/17 in the back fully mounted for $650. I'm due for another set soon. Is there a better deal? Anybody have any negative experience with these?
A friend of mine use to work for Tire Pros. He recommends, to get the best price, shop online for the cheapest price and then goto your local dealer and negotiate for the same rate. Make sure that you ask your local dealer to include road hazard, and weight and balance for the same price too. I tried it and it worked. Good luck.

To All:
According to Grassroots Motorsports magazine Feb 2008 vol 25 #1 p. 80 Bridgestone "Potenza RE-01R became the Street Touring tire to beat in 2007." IMHO if possible I would look for a longer treadware (e.g. 180+) if available since you will be using them for street/track. Hope it helps

Custom pioneer system
Full window tint
RennTech black aluminum floor mats
Clear front wheel well lenses
SCCA member
boxster or briefs is offline   Reply With Quote