View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 AM   #12
FTD

Here's my story. I bought my Box with worn Pzeros. Even though the fronts were still good, I decided I didn't like the Pzeros. I researched and researched and eventually went with the Micheline PS2s. Turns out maybe I despised the Pzeros because they had become square. Anyway, the Michelins are very fine but they are also VERY expensive. Plus I started tracking and man, did that really kill some fun - wearing out the $$$$$$ tread.
So, I found a set of beat up but still round 17" wheels for track. I put some $400 Nexens on them. What's a Nexen? Beats me - but it works and it fit in my budget. Once I wear the Michelins down the plan is to put the Nexens on my everyday 18" and some slicks on the 17". I have taken the Nexens to the N Ga mountains on a rainy day and to the track and I am confident they will be just fine for everyday all weather tires. They cost 1/3 as much as the Michelins, and then I can spend more on the slicks. In fact, a set of Nexens and a very good set of slicks will come out to the price of the Michelin PS2's.
Wish I had this plan to start with - so maybe someone else likes this perspective and can benefit by my lessons.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote