Thread: broken in to
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #28
Tool Pants

The next story. I made it out of college and graduate school. Worked in my profession for a few years.

Then in 1989 I bought a 1988 Toyota pick up truck. Where the radio would go was a hole. The radio had been removed before I bought the truck. I used a battery powered boom box on the passenger floor that you could not see from the outside, until I had the time to buy a radio for the dash.

I worked very late one night with the truck parked in the office parking lot. Total darkness. I got in the truck to go home and noticed broken glass on the drivers seat. Took me a while to figure out the broken glass was because the vent had been broken.

The truck radio was not missing, because it did not have one. I think it was broken into for the radio I did not have. But the boom box was missing. Worth maybe a few dollars, or a roll of Charmin. I would have given that boom box away for the asking.

Should have learned a lesson.

Put a country western tape in the boom box next time.

Thank god I have a Boxster now. No one in their right mind would break into it to steal a Becker radio....
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote