View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
schwank

I had everything apart today... it is not that tough. I do prefer the wheel studs on my 944's as they make it way easier to mount the wheel again. And it is definitely a pain to jack that thing and get it on stands. I really really need a lift.

Only problem? Performance products shipped me Zimmerman drilled rotors that fit a regular Boxster, not the S-specific models. I even called them when I got them asking about the vaning and they said it's OK they are internally non-directional. Well, after I got in there and compared the rotors, the front ones they sent me are definitely not correct.

SO... I did not end up doing anything as I did not want to install new pads on the old rotors, which are VERY worn, knowing I would then have to rebed when the new rotors come. I basically took everything apart for fun, and put it back together again.

I have the correct rotors on the way, but I can't return the ones I have because I painted the hats. Anyone want a deal on drilled rotors for the BASE Boxster, with nicely painted black rotor hats?