View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
bigb

This is a great little car. Keep in mind, it is not meant to replace your C-class benz or anything. As Steve00S pointed out, it is meant for third world countries, so don't expect it at dealerships near you anytime soon

Indeed, at this price range it is meant to appeal to folks who would have instead bought a two-wheeler. Given the fact that this car does meet (whatever) safety standards (claims to have crumple zones, impact protection, and has passed *some* crash test...), I'd say that it is a much safer vehicle, given the alternatives.

Now comes the question of emissions and space. Certainly, if 1-2 people were in the car, then it wouldn't be space efficient. However, it is very common to see more than two people riding various forms of two-wheelers in developing countries (with kids no less). So again, from a safety standpoint, it would make a lot of sense to be in a car rather than a two-wheeler. In terms of emissions, it meets the Euro-IV standard, whereas the two-wheelers only conform to Euro-II (larger roman numeral implies a more stringent standard, not higher pollution ). So, on a vehicular basis, it would actually be better than two-wheelers.

Disclaimer: I don't work for the TATA group, just pointing out a few things I've learned about this car.

And, I'm sure 911 owners will love this, the engine is in the back
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote