Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #14
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxs2000
It really does not matter what you drive or what is behind you. If you are on the fast lane in your Porsche and a pink Escalade is behind you that is going faster, move to the right! It does not matter if you feel their vehicle is not suppose to be driven that fast, that person could be Mario Andretti and I'm sure he can out drive you in a Denali against you in your Porsche. There are many skilled drivers on the road and regardless of what they drive, they have as much right as anyone on the fast lane. If they are being unsafe, more reason to move out of the way. It's attitude like that that gives people the wrong impression about Porsche drivers.

I would really think that people who track their car would understand this concept more than anyone. When you are on the track and a faster driver is behind you in a p.o.s car do you not move to the right?
Of course I move to the right, I don't deliberately try to bunch up traffic in the passing lane. That just leads to people trying to overtake the slow car in the passing lane and then weaving in the other lanes. I pull out of the way for guys driving other sports cars or sedans all the time and it doesn't annoy me one bit.
Why not? Because those cars won't flip over and kill 20 people and they have the braking power capable of coming to a complete stop from 80mph in less than two miles.
But if a guy driving a 5 or 6,000 pound SUV or Pick up truck doesn't have the common sense to understand that his car was not designed to make sudden moves to the left or right at those speeds and that the weight of his car will crush an innocent speed limit-abiding bystander like a sardine can then we need IQ tests for SUVs before they are sold.

People who drive these cars at these speeds have to get their heads examined.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote