View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #96
roadracer311

I just wanted to chime in and give my feedback on this subject now that I've had my Technobrace (from Pedro) installed for about a week.

It solved both of the problems that I was hoping it would solve. Ever since I bought my 2003 Boxster S, I've loved the handling, but have been bothered by the feeling that it would suddenly oversteer when cornering over bumps. I mostly noticed this on concrete-slab-type off ramps. The other thing that my car used to do was shudder a lot when going over bumps. I'm happy to report that both of these problems are now solved.

One side effect is that it feels like there is more feedback coming through from everywhere. It feels like I added 5 lbs more pressure to the tires. The good news is that I've been running them a little high anyway, so now I'm planning to take the pressures down closer to the recommended pressures to see if it smoothes the ride out a little.

My background: I have a fairly sesitive seat of the pants reaction to things. I raced motorcycles for 5.5 years. I also have a degree in physics, for what that's worth.
roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote