View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #14
xxxalexxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
On paper. Notice we haven't actually seen any Tesla do anything.
You should look into getting into a Tesla and taking it for a spin ( i know they dont have a lot of them out yet) but I saw about 4 in chicago/miami so far. When i was in the car we went from 0 to 60 in about 4 seconds i cant be exact though i was just looking at my stop watch lol....like i said he charges his car about an hr to go a little less then 100miles, the only drawback is the cars top speed is i think 125miles an hr but its a first gen what do we expect. I think people dont think much of the car because they haven't been in it, essentially they dont know anything about it. Also drawbacks are sound and no manual or anything but its still a fun unique "sports" car. True, I wouldn't trade any of the sports cars I had for it but i would if the gas prices were 10 dollars a gallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak

Where did you go in Ireland/England?? I'm from the UK originally, (Scotland) go back there at least twice a year...can't say I have seen THAT many hybrid's on the road...I've seen more over here in the states to be honest. The biggest difference in the UK when it comes to cars, is "normal joe's" look for an economical car, due to the high prices for petrol/gas.

Gord.
Dublin and on the outskirts is where I saw the most hybrids Ive ever seen in my life, and practically no SUV's. Maybe one? And im sure the increase in hybrids there is because of gas prices but if the prices of gas were 10 bux a gallon like i said before i probably wouldnt be driving my boxster and my audi s4 a lot, instead i would get a hybrid as a DD. And tesla is the only hybrid right now that looks like if it came to that point i could get it and not be disgusted looking at it lol

A careful driver is one who honks his horn when he goes through a red light
-Henry Morgan
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote