View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
fatmike

Nice pic. Keep them coming. This picture captures the "mood" of the sunset.

Was your goal to capture the "lake at sunset" or to capture "the boxster at sunset"? Some small things can change the theme of the picture from "lake at sunset" to "Boxster near lake at Sunset".

Its not necessary to show the whole car (by any means) in the composition, but the way the box is cropped doesn't work to my eye. I'm not sure how to improve it, but keep trying different angles and camera heights. The thing about the Boxster is that it changes so much by moving in/out/wider/lower, etc.

Imagine how the picture changes if you turned the steering wheel slightly to the left which would expose the front driver's side wheel. Doing that would stop your eye on the car and make the picture more about the car (vs. about the mood of the sunset). Perhaps combining that with a small change in perspective would highlight the car more. Also, consider removing the windscreen on the back of the box. Its the first thing I saw. Unfortunately when you photograph cars, these little things count!

That is a really nice shot that captures the mood! Keep 'em coming.