View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
mach schnell

new vehicle - not quite a p-car, but just as fun

hey ppl! wow i miss this forum - the bimmerforums/community just doesn't have the same camaraderie. well, i'm not back in a porsche yet, but i did let the 330ci zhp go recently for something european that is at least as fun as my old 987 (and has a community that is just as passionate about their cars and friendship).

i picked up an 05 Mini Cooper S - orig owner bought it at SEMA in 05 - it only had 5200 miles on it when i bought it. It has full AC Schnitzer body kit, wheels and full exhaust (along with ACS interior details). What I heard from another MCS forum member, apparently only 2-3 other cars exist in the US with the full kit. Since picking it up I've removed a few of the decals (b4 and after pix are attached), blacked out alot of the chrome, installed a CAI (which really makes the supercharger sing), and added a cravenspeed SSK. It's weird to be back behind the wheel of a FWD car, but I have to admit, even with stock suspension the car handles and feels as nimble as the 987 or the 330. I hear that with a few simple suspension tweaks, (springs and a firmer rear sway bar) the car is just amazing.

Soon to come be an upgraded (smaller) SC pulley which makes the SC spin faster and a reflash of the stock ECU (there's a guy in Irvine CA who has been dyno tuning the stock ECU and achieving (on cars with exhaust, CAI and upgraded pulley) - upwards of 220 whp (not crank hp - yes, you read it right - whp!!!!!)

anyway - it'll prob be a few years before another p-car sits in my driveway - but in the meantime - this will be a fun toy to ease the pain of daily driving!

thanx djlomas for the skinny on uploading pix here

Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!

Last edited by mach schnell; 01-06-2008 at 12:05 PM.
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote