View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
onbypass

Newbie Maint. Question.....

Hello everybody,

Wasn't sure if this should go in the INTRO section..but here goes..........

I am a brand-new (12/31/07) first-time owner of a 1997 Boxter with 76K miles.
I bought it from a very reputable local dealer/service facility, but the car was never serviced there. Also, there are only two stamps in the maint. book from two other service centers. I was able to contact one of the places that it was serviced at, and they sent me their history since 2004 (when the previous owner bought the car)....Here's what I found out............

In 2004 at 45K miles or so, it had its full 45K porsche inspection with LOF, brake flush, etc. Since then, It had a couple of top repairs (push rod, dash switch) and a air mass sensor that went bad.

Maintenance wise, it had an air filter replaced in 2005 at 47K miles. The most recent was a LOF at 70K back in March of '07.

I have not been able to find out any information from the other service location. I would hope that it had some maint between 47K and 70K, besides just the repairs to the top, etc. I learned never to assume!!!

So, the problem is that although it was checked out by a reputable dealership/service center (pre-owned only not a porsche dealership), and I know it had a LOF within the past year (7K miles ago), I don't really know anything else (60K service, etc). It did pass its state inspection in December of '07.

Here is the big question!!!! With all that in mind, what maintenance items (if any) would you have done at this time. I beleive the next Major Maint. is at 90K.
I do have a 30 day warranty (but it's only major stuff).

THANK YOU in advance for any and all advice. I am glad to be part of this board!!
Mark
Hampton Roads part of Virginia!!
onbypass is offline   Reply With Quote