View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #43
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
IYour PS explanation is brilliant, makes everything nice and easy.

I think someone needs to try the nitrous... I would hate to be mid corner and the nitrous kicks in...

Speaking of Primer Grey Boxsters.....no I'm kidding...I... parts are 5 - 10 times more expensive and they are unable to pull the high horsepower numbers as easily.

Have a safe new years.
Gary,

Funny my little Postscript upstaged the preceding rambling paragraphs. As to nitrous, I’m personally more interested in power on demand as opposed to temporary power…seems like nitrous is really just good for a drag or 2.

True about mod prices for p=cars, thinking about volume+affordability of Boxsters might sometime justfy reasonably priced aftermarket stuff. But that never happen with my old 928…don’t know where they all went.

WI!

I stuck a toe in the WI waters today and it turned into a bit of a plunge. I bought a (standard issue) Sureflow 150/100 PSI meth/h20 pump on the cheap off ebay, great. So Then going back forth with the guy a bit, he winds up throwing in a bunch of bits and bobs that add up to about 85% of what I need for a complete a basic H2O/meth set up. (I’ve got another 50%, needed to make it work as good as any, (just need some brain power to make it work, a hack but one that’s been done)

So your turbo(s) is running 7 PSI with an intercooler. So if you can do that, I should to, with H20/meth cooling. That’s if I can “pulley” it up without over-revving the Super.

So, I’m committed. Round up a few more parts, pick a few more brains and I think I’m on my way to the Holy Grail, 280 +.

Regards PK

Ps, how did you extrapolate hp from your documented whp? Is there a rule off thumb for conversion? Yours is supposed to 290 hp @ 7 psi and mine is supposed to be 270-280 @ 4.5 psi. Must be a rule of thumb for that to; claims/actual=…)