View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #16
boxs2000

If you need spring compressors, buy them at Harbor Freight Tools. I paid a whopping $7.00 for them. They are not the greatest quality as I snapped them, but they will be good for a "one time use" I also hope you have an air compressor and impact wrench because you can do it by hand, but you will save ALOT of time by using power tools to compress the springs. Also a good idea is to mark the camber bolts fo their position before you remove them (especially on the front strut) that way when you put it back together you have a reference of where they were before. Also make sure you have a low profile Jack (aluminum style) or some 2x4's because when I lowered my car with Eibach spring it dropped it about1.5-2.00 inches and at that time I had my stock 17 inch rims. When I was done and lowered the car and removed the jack stands my jack was too tall and could not get it out of the car! so I lowered the car on 2x4's (flat of course) and then removed the floor jack and used the factory scissor jack to lift the car and pull out the 2x4's I guess I could have just driven it off the 2x4 but i did not want to take any chances of the wood flipping off and hitting my car. I did after that buy an aluminum or low profile jack as my regular floor jack will still not fit under my car even with my 18" on. Dont forget to get your alignment asap, after i lowered it, I did a pretty good job putting it back together and the car stood even with the camber and even drove straight, but when I got it on the alignment rack the following day, it was still off by a country mile!
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote